SUBPAC is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to lead our San Francisco-based vehicle audio hardware team. We are a dynamic and expanding team that is transforming the in-vehicle audio experience through our innovative seat-based hardware and software platform. Your primary focus will involve developing vibroacoustic systems, requirements engineering, building our new test lab, and leading a continuous reliability improvement process.
In this Senior Mechanical Engineer role, you will:
- Own the hardware integration and reliability program for multiple hardware modules from prototype to production phase
- Plan, design, and execute all hardware vibroacoustic modules and sub-assemblies
- Manage and grow a small team to effectively achieve engineering objectives
- Develop and execute ongoing reliability testing and analysis programs for design modifications and failures. Coordinate failure analysis efforts on hardware components
- Design and fabricate custom mechanical and electrical test setups. Perform quantitative tests to determine how environmental and mechanical stress impact subsystem performance
- Work closely with component suppliers and customers based in Europe and Asia
- Research new technologies and applications. Create Design of Experiments to explore alternative choices on materials, processes, and designs.
- Influence supplier selection to drive higher reliability on requirements and demonstration to suppliers.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate in mechanical engineering, or a physics discipline with relevant engineering experience
- Considerable knowledge of vibration, acoustics and thermal systems
- CAD proficiency. Familiarity with CATIA a plus.
- Automotive reliability engineering experience and desire to learn by breaking things
- Love of music and audio!
Bonus Points if:
- Solid FEA and an analytical background
- Experience with safety-critical hardware systems and components
- Understanding of automotive applications and standards
- Experience in agile project environments
- Lab management experience