Research Scientist - Audio/MIR
SUBPAC | Full-time | Montreal
Subpac is a California-based audio technology company, renowned for its high-fidelity tactile audio hardware product, delivering a physical dimension of sound.
We are looking for a Research Scientist with a passion for Music Information Retrieval and audio processing to join our new Montreal team. The role is to develop advancements to Subpac’s AI tactile sound technology, for deployment within Subpac products.
Candidates must have a proven background in MIR (including Machine Learning) alongside a pragmatic approach to problem-solving: able to deliver high quality results for a deadline. A passion for audio and a desire to work in a fast-paced, small-team environment are also essential. Compensation and benefits are competitive.
- Designing and implementing algorithms for audio optimization
- Designing experiments and surveys for data collection
- Managing datasets and associated database infrastructure
- Training, validating and tuning machine learning models, including Neural Networks
- Providing guidance on research directions, technologies, and the current state of the art
Required skills and experience
- Master’s degree or higher in scientific field
- Research background in audio DSP / MIR
- Strong programming skills in Python
- At least a basic knowledge of C++/Bash for Linux/MacOSX.
- Experience designing and training Machine Learning models, particularly Neural Networks
- Experience with database technologies for Machine Learning datasets
- Experience with cloud computing technologies and architectures.