About the Engineering Technician role
SUBPAC is actively seeking mid-level engineering technicians for the San Francisco vehicle audio hardware team. We are a dynamic and expanding team that is transforming the in-vehicle audio experience through our innovative seat-based hardware and software platform.
- Perform electrical and mechanical technical functions and activities such as seat integration, testing, installation, upgrades, fabrication modification, troubleshooting and assembly of mechanical systems and electronics.
- Build and set up equipment; prepare and conduct tests; operate and
maintain equipment used for testing, for both engineering and automobile
- Produce detailed documentation for all work performed
- Observe all safety standards. Maintains a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Follows operating instructions, uses protective equipment when required, and uses equipment and materials properly. Actively strives to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 4+ years experience in electrical/mechanical technical work in computer, automotive, marine, robotics or aerospace industries with electronics and/or automotive experience.
- 3 years completed formal education in Engineering, or Engineering Technology. AS, BS or trade certificate in technology a plus.
- High degree of electrical/mechanical audio principles and testing aptitudes
- Demonstrated ability to use electrical/mechanical assembly tools
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of Windows, MacOS, and Linux
- Ability to work in a cooperative, rapidly changing team setting with aggressive goals
- Strong work ethic, quality workmanship, self-directed learner and team-oriented individual
- Strong attention to detail and quick problem-solving skills
- Current driver's license with a good DMV driving record
- Love and passion for music!
- Very strong machine shop, rapid prototyping, testing, and instrumentation skills
- Strong time management, focus and co-operative development skills a must. Requires minimal guidance to complete tasks
- Resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions and applying methods, techniques and experience.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Skilled at working from limited or no documentation.
- Has in-depth understanding of how related teams coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve shared and individual objectives.
- Working knowledge of solid modeling, CAM, drafting, technical writing, machine shop practice, safety and organization
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of Git and terminal based computer commands
- Basic programming in Python or C
- Knowledge and experience with audio and vibration tools