SUBPAC is a California-based audio technology company, renowned for its high-fidelity tactile audio hardware product, delivering a physical dimension of sound. We are looking for an experienced and versatile software engineer to join our new Montreal team, working closely with the Head of Audio Software.
The role is to design, implement and maintain new software systems for the advancement of SUBPAC’s AI tactile sound technology, and its deployment within SUBPAC products.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for audio, and a desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, small-team environment. Compensation and benefits are competitive.
- Development of a local/cloud R&D platform.
- Development of high quality production code, for local applications and embedded systems.
- Assisting R&D endeavours where appropriate.
- Code profiling and optimization, particularly for real-time audio.
- Implement Continuous Integration and Unit/Integration Testing.
- Provide technical advice/guidance to other members of the Audio Software team.
- Help implement Agile methodologies as the team scales.
Required Skills and Experience
- A versatile skill-set and excellent problem solver
- Exceptional understanding of object-oriented design principles
- Exceptional programming skills in C++/Python/Bash, for Linux/MacOSX.
- 3+ years experience in a product-oriented company.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with cloud computing technologies and architectures.
- Experience with audio software programming.
- Experience with embedded systems programming.
- Experience with Machine Learning/Music Information Retrieval