SUBPAC is a leading audio technology company deeply devoted to revolutionizing how we experience music and sound. Our tactile audio platform has been adopted by tens of thousands of professional music creators, sound designers, audio enthusiasts and gamers around the globe as the most accurate and immersive way to experience bass across all media types.
We are now bringing our solutions to the mainstream markets and are looking for a Financial Accountant to support our Canadian and US operations. You will possess solid knowledge of financial accounting, have a demonstrated record of progression within a corporate accounting department, and desire to expand your horizons by taking on various responsibilities in corporate accounting, financial reporting and special projects. Ideally you will have experience in a fast paced creative startup environment and be able to support a diverse team across geographic locations.
Reporting directly to the Executive Team, the Financial Accountant will:
- Be responsible for all aspects of General Ledger accounting and monthly financial close, including preparing journal entries, month-end accruals and adjustment entries, inter-company transactions, eliminations and account reconciliations
- Support management with monthly and quarterly variance analysis of financial results
- Support day-to-day financial activities for Canadian and US operations
- Perform monthly inventory cost analysis and inventory control (raw materials, WIP, finished goods)
- Oversee AP and expense management processes ensuring accurate reporting and compliance with company policies and internal controls
- Maintenance of financial reporting systems, including Quickbooks reports
- Maintaining an effective internal control framework around general ledger, closing and internal financial reporting activities
- Assist with the preparation of audit work papers, providing documentation and explanations as outlined in procedures
- Provide support on technical accounting topics including SR&ED tax credits, accounting for equity plans and revenue recognition.
- Identify and implement process or system improvements to streamline activities and increase efficiency
- Support or lead special projects as necessary
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Accounting designation a plus
- 5+ years hands-on experience within corporate accounting, preferably with startup experience
- Knowledge and experience with US GAAP preferably within a venture-backed company
- Quickbooks experience required
- Experience with manufacturing a plus
- Advanced Excel skills (pivots, lookups & macro), proficient with other MS Office applications
- Ability to work independently within a team environment, manage deadlines and balance competing priorities
- A team player. Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for music is a must!